Adam S. Russell, Attorney
- Estate planning
- Estate administration
- Wills & trusts
- Testamentary trusts
- Charitable planning & charitable trusts
- Trust funding
- Special needs trusts & supplemental needs trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Tax planning
- Healthcare directives & living wills
- Real estate transactions & planning
- Pre-marital agreements
Adam participated in Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka, works with the Volunteer Lawyer Network on a pro bono basis, and is an active parishioner at St. Joseph Catholic Church in South Bend. When not helping clients, Adam enjoys more hobbies than he has time for, but primarily focuses on enjoying all four seasons outdoors with his wife and two young children.
Adam is a contributor to Tuesley Hall Konopa’s legal blogs and periodically writes articles on planned giving, trust & estate planning, tax law and property tax. Topics are timely, relevant and address the estate planning needs of the firm’s clients. Some of his posts and articles can be read on the THK legal blog.
- Licensed to practice in the States of Indiana and Michigan, as well as the Northern District of Indiana.
- Member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Probate, Trust & Real Property Section
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan – Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Member of the St. Joseph County (IN) Bar Association and the Cass County (MI) Bar Association
- Member of the Cass County Michigan Bar Association
- Michiana Estate Planning Council Board of Directors, President, 2019-2020
- Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka, Class of 2017
- Member, Forty under Forty, Michiana Region, Class of 2008
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2009
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Political Science, 2006
Adam was born in Phoenix, Arizona and grew up in the town of Paradise Valley, Arizona. He has been a part of the Michiana community ever since he fulfilled his childhood dream of attending the University of Notre Dame, where he met his future wife, Alissa. After they both completed graduate school at Notre Dame, Adam and Alissa, now a professor of psychology at St. Mary’s College, started a family and put down roots in Michiana. While he will always miss having desert mountains in his backyard, there is nowhere he would rather be.
Outside of the office, Adam enjoys spending tons of time with his wife and kids, is an avid reader, and is engaged in a wide variety of sport and fitness pursuits. His other hobbies include playing guitar and trying not to care too much about Notre Dame football.
Blogs and publications
- Tax Reform & Charitable Gift Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Estate and Tax Planning for Same-Sex Married Couples
- Planning for Digital Assets
- Estate Planning: Have you considered your digital assets?
- Michigan’s Property Tax Uncapping Law Update
- Preserving the Family Cottage for Future Generations
- Estate & Business Succession Planning for Family Farms
- Estate Planning Changes – Opportunities for Married Couples