Adam S. Russell, Attorney
Licensed in both Indiana and Michigan, Adam practices primarily in the areas of Trust & Estate Planning and Administration. Through helping individuals and families plan for the transfer of their assets during life or at death, his practice also involves charitable and tax planning, the succession of business interests, real estate transactions, and pre-marital agreements.
Adam participated in Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka (Class 43), works with the Volunteer Lawyer Network on a pro bono basis, and is an active parishioner at St. Joseph Catholic Church in South Bend. When not helping clients, Adam enjoys too many hobbies than he has time for, but primarily focuses on enjoying all four seasons outdoors with his wife and two young kids.
Adam is a contributor to Tuesley Hall Konopa’s legal blogs and periodically writes articles on estate planning, trusts, tax law, and property law. Topics are timely, relevant and address the estate planning needs of the firm’s clients. Some of his posts and articles can be read on the THK blog
- Licensed to practice in the States of Indiana and Michigan, as well as the Northern District of Indiana.
- Member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Probate, Trust & Real Property Section
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan – Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Member of the St. Joseph County (IN) Bar Association and the Cass County (MI) Bar Association
- Michiana Estate Planning Council Board of Directors, President, 2019-2020
- Michiana Estate Planning Council Board of Directors, Vice-President, 2018-2019
- Michiana Estate Planning Council Board of Directors, Secretary, 2017-2018
Adam was born in Phoenix, Arizona and grew up in the town of Paradise Valley, Arizona. He has been a part of the Michiana community ever since he fulfilled his childhood dream of attending the University of Notre Dame, where he met his future wife, Alissa. After they both completed graduate school at Notre Dame, Adam and Alissa, now a professor of psychology at St. Mary’s College, started a family and put down roots in Michiana. While he will always miss having desert mountains in his backyard, there is nowhere he would rather be.
Adam enjoys spending tons of time with his wife and kids, is an avid reader, and is engaged in a wide variety of sport and fitness pursuits. His other hobbies include playing guitar and trying not to care too much about Notre Dame football.
- Trust & Estate Planning
- Trust & Estate Administration
- Tax planning
- Charitable planning & charitable trusts
- Wills & testamentary trusts
- Health care directives & living wills
- Powers of attorney
- Trust funding
- Special needs trusts & supplemental needs trusts
- Real estate transactions & planning
- Pre-marital agreements
Trending in Philanthropy – Donor-advised Funds
Tax Reform & Charitable Gift Planning
Estate and Tax Planning for Same-Sex Married Couples
Planning for Digital Assets
Estate Planning: Have you considered your digital assets?
Michigan’s Property Tax Uncapping Law Update
Preserving the Family Cottage for Future Generations
Estate & Business Succession Planning for Family Farms
Estate Planning Changes – Opportunities for Married Couples