Adam S. Russell, Partner
- Estate planning
- Estate administration
- Wills & trusts
- Testamentary trusts
- Charitable planning & charitable trusts
- Trust funding
- Special needs trusts & supplemental needs trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Tax planning
- Healthcare directives & living wills
- Real estate transactions & planning
- Pre-marital agreements
Adam participated in Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka, works with the Volunteer Lawyer Network on a pro bono basis, and is an active parishioner at St. Joseph Catholic Church in South Bend. When not helping clients, Adam enjoys more hobbies than he has time for, but primarily focuses on enjoying all four seasons outdoors with his wife and two young children.
Adam is a contributor to THK Law’s legal blogs and periodically writes articles on planned giving, trust & estate planning, tax law, and property tax. Topics are timely, relevant and address the estate planning needs of the firm’s clients. Some of his posts and articles can be read on the THK legal blog.
- Licensed to practice in the States of Indiana and Michigan, as well as the Northern District of Indiana.
- Member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Probate, Trust & Real Property Section
- Indiana Bar Association: Board Certified Trust and Estate Lawyer, 2021 (by the Trust & Estate Specialty Board)
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan – Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Member of the St. Joseph County (IN) Bar Association
- Member of the Cass County Michigan Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association: Board Certified Trust and Estate Lawyer (by the Trust & Estate Specialty Board)
- Michiana Estate Planning Council Board of Directors, President, 2019-2020
- Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka, Class of 2017
- Saint Joseph Grade School, Advisory Board
- Community Foundation, Estate Planning Council, Chair
- Indiana Bar Association, Trust & Estate Specialty, Board Member
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
Adam is from Phoenix, Arizona. He has been a part of the Michiana community ever since he fulfilled his childhood dream of attending the University of Notre Dame, where he met his future wife, Alissa. After they both completed graduate school at Notre Dame, Adam and Alissa, now a professor of psychology at St. Mary’s College, started a family and put down roots in Michiana. He still misses having desert mountains in his backyard, but loves calling Michiana home.
Outside of the office, Adam spends as much time as he can with his wife and kids, is an avid reader of all sorts, and enjoys a variety of sport and fitness pursuits.
Blogs and Publications
- Tax Reform & Charitable Gift Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Estate and Tax Planning for Same-Sex Married Couples
- Planning for Digital Assets
- Estate Planning: Have you considered your digital assets?
- Michigan’s Property Tax Uncapping Law Update
- Preserving the Family Cottage for Future Generations
- Estate & Business Succession Planning for Family Farms
- Estate Planning Changes – Opportunities for Married Couples