Christopher J. Spataro, Partner
Chris joined Tuesley Hall Konopa, LLP in July of 2017 as a seasoned litigator. He brings over 20 years of legal experience to the team, having previously worked for both a small, Elkhart-based law firm and a large, international law firm. Chris’ diverse experiences at each (including representation of local family-owned businesses, as well as large, publicly-traded international corporations) give Chris a unique perspective on the practice of law and on best practices in serving clients. Additionally, Chris is a Certified Civil Mediator which allows him to help clients resolve legal disputes without going to court, which is always more cost-effective for clients.
Past representations include:
- Trial, arbitration, and mediation in a wide variety of commercial, employment, creditors’ rights, collections, bankruptcy-related, landlord-tenant, auto-accident, real estate, environmental, family law and probate disputes;
- Prosecution and defense of over 1000 lawsuits;
- Defense of product liability and warranty cases in over one dozen states;
- Defense of bankruptcy adversarial proceedings (i.e. preference claims, etc.) in over one dozen U.S. Bankruptcy Courts;
- Participation in the defense of a multi-district litigation matter involving thousands of plaintiffs (after class actions pending in 29 states were consolidated into the Northern District of Indiana);
- Counsel of numerous businesses and human resource managers in a variety of business, compliance and employment matters.
As a Certified Domestic Relations Mediator Chris helps clients resolve family matters such as divorce and child support modifications.
- Indiana State Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- US District Courts in Indiana and Michigan
- Elkhart City Bar Association
- Indiana Mediator Registry
- Civil litigation
- Civil mediation
- Employment law
- Business counsel
- Creditors’ rights & collections
- Family law
- Volunteer Lawyer Network, Board President (and lawyer in multiple pro bono cases annually)
- Teen Court at Bashor Children’s Home, Volunteer Judge
- Elkhart Noon Kiwanis Club, Past President, and active member
- Knights of Columbus, Recorder/Secretary
- St. Vincent DePaul Parish, Cantor and Choir Member
- The Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce, Volunteer (YEA Program Advisor and Career Day Speaker)
- United Cancer Services of Elkhart County, Past Compassion Walk Honorary Chair (and regular supporter)
- Premier Arts, Supporter (and occasional actor)
- Michiana Forty Under 40, Member of the Class of 2007.
Chris was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. He and his wife, Jodi, live in Elkhart and have three daughters, each of whom has attended Concord Community Schools. Chris and Jodi met as members of the Elkhart Noon Kiwanis Club. Jodi has worked for the Community Foundation of Elkhart County for over a decade, and both Chris and Jodi thoroughly enjoy being actively engaged in the community. They also share a love of baseball and recently completed a bucket list item for Chris by seeing a game in every Major League ballpark.