Eric W. Seigel, Partner
- Asset Purchase Agreements
- Business Acquisitions and Sales
- Business Counsel
- Business Formation
- Business Transactions
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Contract Drafting
- Contract Negotiation
- Contract Review
- Employment Agreements
- Exit and Succession Planning
- Family-Owned Businesses
- LLC Operating Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Stock Purchase Agreements
Eric is a lifelong resident of the Michiana area and has been with the firm since his graduation from Notre Dame Law School in 1999. He has been in practice for over twenty years, is active in firm management, and serves as one of the firm’s representatives to LawPact, an international non-profit association of independent business law firms that assists member firms in pursuing excellence in client service and firm management.
Prior to law school, Eric earned a B.A. in Business Administration from Michigan State University and then spent several years running his family’s local trucking business serving the Elkhart, Indiana vehicle transportation market.
With his business degree, hands-on business leadership experience, and knowledge of business law, Eric brings a deeper understanding of his client’s legal needs. He has counseled numerous clients in asset and stock purchase and sale transactions and acts as general legal counsel to many closely-held and owner-managed businesses, including many that are family-owned. He also regularly helps clients with exit and succession planning and with emergency continuity planning and has served as a panel presenter at numerous exit and succession planning seminars in the Michiana area.
- Indiana State Bar Association (Business Law, General Practice, Solo and Small Firm sections)
- Indiana and Michigan; U.S. District Courts, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- American Bar Association (Business Law, General Practice, Solo, Small Firm and Law Practice Management sections)
- St. Joseph County Bar Association
- Cass County Michigan Bar Association
- Business Development Corporation, Past Board Member and Loan Committee Member
- Forty under Forty, Michiana Region, Class of 2008
- Leadership South Bend/Mishawaka, Participant, Class 28 (2008), Past Board Member and Past President
- Penn-Harris-Madison Education Foundation, Past Board Member and Past President
- South Bend Rotary Club, Member since 2004, Chair of Legal Committee
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1999
- Michigan State University, B.A., Business Administration, 1993
Eric is a long-time resident of the Michiana area, having attended elementary school in Elkhart, Indiana, and middle school and high school in Edwardsburg, Michigan. After graduating from Michigan State University with a B.A. in Business Administration in 1993, for several years Eric ran his family’s trucking company serving the Elkhart, Indiana vehicle transportation market before attending Notre Dame Law School where he focused his studies on business and transactional law.
Eric and his wife, Cindy, a Nurse Practitioner and also a lifelong Michiana resident, have four daughters. When not practicing law or juggling the busyness of life in a dual professional household, Eric enjoys spending time with his family, reading (history, mystery/suspense, and science fiction), exercising (running and biking), playing tennis (primarily singles), listening to podcasts (mostly history, business, and technology), and amusing himself (but seemingly not them) by telling “dad jokes” to his daughters. He also enjoys learning about and using the latest in personal technology computing devices and gadgets, which has earned him the role of family IT support provider.