Estate & Trust Administration
When faced with the loss of a loved one, the details involved in settling an estate or trust can be overwhelming. An experienced attorney can help you navigate through the process efficiently and effectively. The estate administration lawyers at THK Law, LLP understand the steps to take to do what is right for you and your family. As caring professionals with over 60 years of experience in estate and trust administration we will:
- secure proper appraisals and preservation of assets;
- ensure that the estate or trust receives all interest, dividends and other income to which it is entitled;
- administer and minimize obligations, taxes and administrative costs;
- prepare and file all required pleadings, reports and tax returns;
- counsel the personal representative or trustee to ensure compliance with all applicable laws;
- advise the personal representative or trustee as to the proper timing and process of distribution of assets to beneficiaries;
- assist with contested claims, both defending the administration of the estate and prosecuting possible malfeasance by personal representatives or trustees;
- and advise beneficiaries regarding their rights with respect to the estate or trust.
In rendering these services, our goal is to keep heirs and beneficiaries fully informed about the status of the estate and trust, making every reasonable effort within the scope of our professional judgment to limit the services rendered on behalf of beneficiaries to those which are necessary and appropriate.
Estate and trust administration is a strength and cornerstone of our firm. If you have estate planning or estate administration questions, please call 574.232.3538 to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced professionals.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.