Greta Roemer Lewis, Partner
Greta has practiced law in South Bend for over 25 years, focusing her practice in the areas of Estate Planning and Estate Administration. In her Estate Planning practice, she helps clients make choices regarding how to best protect their assets during their lifetime and transfer them to loved ones upon death. These plans often include tax planning, charitable giving strategies, and using various kinds of revocable and irrevocable trusts. Greta also has experience working with families who have special needs beneficiaries. In her Estate Administration practice, she works with executors and beneficiaries to carry out the wishes of clients and their families.
Greta frequently speaks on estate planning and administration topics to other professionals and interested audiences. She has been a member of The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of trusts and estates since 2005. Greta is Certified as an Estate Planning and Administration Specialist by the Indiana State Bar Association Estate Planning and Administration Specialty Certification Board and is also licensed in the State of Michigan to practice law.
- Indiana State Bar Association, 1989
- Indiana Bar Association: Board Certified Trust and Estate Lawyer, 2007 (by the Trust & Estate Specialty Board)
- Life Fellow, Indiana State Bar Foundation, 2016
- St. Joseph County Bar Association, 1989
- State Bar of Michigan, 2012
- Cass County Michigan Bar Association, 2012
A life-long resident of South Bend, Ms. Lewis has long been active in the local community. Her current activities include:
- Board member of the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County
- Chair of Senior Living committee
- Member of Executive committee and Secretary of the Board
- Member of the Beacon Health System Governance Committee
- Pro bono service through Volunteer Lawyers Network
Greta and her husband, Jay Lewis, also spent many years counseling engaged couples at St. Joseph Parish in South Bend and through Campus Ministry at Notre Dame as part of the church’s marriage preparation program.
- Estate planning
- Estate & trust administration
- Wills & living wills
- Trusts & living trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Funding trusts
- Powers of attorney