Greta Roemer Lewis, Partner
Greta Roemer Lewis is a partner with Tuesley Hall Konopa, practicing in the area of estate planning and administration.
Greta has practiced law for 30 years. In her estate planning practice, she guides her clients through the process addressing issues that could happen in their lifetime. These plans often include tax planning, charitable giving strategies, and using various kinds of revocable and irrevocable trusts. In her estate administration practice, she works with executors and beneficiaries to carry out the wishes of clients and their families.
Greta frequently speaks on estate planning and administration topics to other professionals and interested audiences. She has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2005 through 2019 in the field of trusts and estates. Greta is Certified as an Estate Planning and Administration Specialist by the Indiana State Bar Association Estate Planning and Administration Specialty Certification Board and is also licensed in the State of Michigan to practice law.
- Indiana State Bar Association, 1989
- St. Joseph County Bar Association, 1989
- Indiana Bar Association: Board Certified Trust and Estate Lawyer, 2007
- Life Fellow, Indiana State Bar Foundation, 2016
- State Bar of Michigan, 2012
- Cass County Bar Association, 2012
A life-long resident of South Bend, Ms. Lewis has long been active in the local community. Her current activities include:
- Board member of the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County
- Vice Chair of CFSJC Board
- Chair of Senior Living Committee
- Member of Executive Committee
- Member of the Beacon Health System Governance Committee
- Pro bono service through Volunteer Lawyers Network
- Member of St. Joseph County Bar Association Race and Law Study Group
Greta and her husband, Jay Lewis, also spent many years counseling engaged couples at St. Joseph Parish in South Bend and through Campus Ministry at Notre Dame as part of the church’s marriage preparation program.
- Estate planning
- Estate & trust administration
- Wills & living wills
- Trusts & living trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Funding trusts
- Powers of attorney