Greta Roemer Lewis, Partner
- Estate planning
- Estate & trust administration
- Wills & living wills
- Trusts & living trusts
- Charitable trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Funding trusts
- Powers of attorney
Greta has spoken frequently on estate planning and administration topics to other professionals and interested audiences. Since 2005 she has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of trusts and estates. Greta is Certified as an Estate Planning and Administration Specialist by the Indiana State Bar Association Estate Planning and Administration Specialty Certification Board and is also licensed in the State of Michigan to practice law.
- Indiana State Bar Association, 1989
- Indiana Bar Association: Board Certified Trust and Estate Lawyer, 2007 (by the Trust & Estate Specialty Board)
- Life Fellow, Indiana State Bar Foundation, 2016
- St. Joseph County Bar Association, 1989
- State Bar of Michigan, 2012
- Cass County Michigan Bar Association, 2012
- DePaul College of Law, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
A life-long resident of South Bend, Ms. Roemer Lewis continues to be active in the local community. Her current activities include:
- Board member of the Community Foundation of St. Joseph County
- Chair of CFSJC Board
- Chair of Senior Living Committee
- Member of Executive Committee
- Member of the Beacon Health System Nominating and Governance Committee
- Pro bono service through Volunteer Lawyer Network
- Member of St. Joseph County Bar Association Race and Law Study Group
Greta grew up in a large family in South Bend, IN, and knew she wanted to stay in the area after law school to work with her father, Chuck Roemer, in his law practice. She and her husband, Jay (who is a partner at THK as well) delight in their three “adulting” children. Within the office, Greta is appreciated for her wonderful banana bread which she brings in frequently. In college, she played tennis for Notre Dame but now prefers yoga and biking. She spends her extra time these days trying out “whole food plant-based recipes” and feeding them to family and friends.