Peter J. Gillin, Partner
- Business counsel
- Business formation
- Business transactions
- Business acquisitions
- Succession planning
- Partnership agreements
- Financing agreements
- Contract review
- Intellectual property
Before joining Tuesley Hall Konopa, Pete served as Chief Business Officer for a software development startup originating from Notre Dame. During two years in this role, Pete negotiated several joint venture agreements with the major stakeholders as well as managed the day-to-day administrative functions of the business.
Pete’s experience working legal issues from the inside has shaped an appreciation for how the legal elements of any transaction represent only a part of a more complicated puzzle facing his business clients.
Pete is a seasoned transactions attorney who served for five years as a partner in the South Bend office of a national law firm. Before moving to Indiana, Pete served as an associate in the business transactions practice groups of two international law firms based in the Northeast.
Representative transactions include:
- Counseling middle-market businesses on mergers and acquisitions transactions, including businesses operating in the manufacturing, quality assurance, and engineering industries.
- Advising closely-held businesses on fundraising transactions, third-party borrowing transactions and joint venture transactions.
- Advising a private equity fund on investments, both foreign and domestic, including investments in the healthcare, entertainment, marketing and insurance industries.
- Serving as outside general counsel for businesses operating in the manufacturing, distribution and healthcare industries.
- Indiana Bar Association, 2004
- St. Joseph County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1998
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., English Literature, 1992
Activities and Societies: Lacrosse Team
- Pete became a member of the Penn-Harris-Madison Education Foundation (PHMEF) Board in 2017, President-elect 2018-2020.
- Business Development Corporation, Board member.
- Pete served on the Board of Trustees for the South Bend Public Transportation Corporation (TRANSPO) from 2011-2017 and was the Chairman of TRANSPO’s Finance and Administration Committee from 2012-2017.
- Pete served on the Board of Trustees for the Notre Dame Club of Northern Indiana from 2005 through 2012, including two terms as Board President in 2007 and 2010.
- When not in the office Pete is often at the rink or the lacrosse field coaching kids in the Irish Youth Hockey League and Penn Jr. Lacrosse programs.