Peter J. Gillin, Partner
Pete Gillin advises investors and entrepreneurs on critical corporate law and contract law issues affecting their businesses.
Before joining Tuesley Hall Konopa, Pete served as Chief Business Officer for a software development startup originating from Notre Dame. During two years in this role, Pete negotiated several joint venture agreements with the major stakeholders as well as managed the day-to-day administrative functions of the business. Pete’s experience working legal issues from the inside has shaped an appreciation for how the legal elements of any transaction represent only a part of a more complicated puzzle facing his business clients.
Pete is a seasoned transactions attorney who served for five years as a partner in the South Bend office of a national law firm. Before moving to Indiana, Pete served as an associate in the business transactions practice groups of two international law firms based in the Northeast.
Representative transactions include:
- Counseling middle-market businesses on mergers and acquisitions transactions, including businesses operating in the manufacturing, quality assurance, and engineering industries.
- Advising closely-held businesses on fundraising transactions, third-party borrowing transactions and joint venture transactions.
- Advising a private equity fund on investments, both foreign and domestic, including investments in the healthcare, entertainment, marketing and insurance industries.
- Serving as outside general counsel for businesses operating in the manufacturing, distribution and healthcare industries.
- Business counsel
- Business formation
- Business transactions
- Business acquisitions
- Succession planning
- Partnership agreements
- Financing agreements
- Contract review
- Intellectual property
Boston College Law School, J.D., 1998
University of Notre Dame
B.A., English Literature, 1992
Activities and Societies: Lacrosse Team
Indiana Bar Association, 2004
St. Joseph County Bar Association
American Bar Association
- Pete became a member of the Penn-Harris-Madison Education Foundation (PHMEF) Board in 2017.
- Pete served on the Board of Trustees for the South Bend Public Transportation Corporation (TRANSPO) from 2011-2017 and was the Chairman of TRANSPO’s Finance and Administration Committee from 2012-2017.
- Pete served on the Board of Trustees for the Notre Dame Club of Northern Indiana from 2005 through 2012, including two terms as Board President in 2007 and 2010.
- When not in the office Pete is often at the rink or the lacrosse field coaching kids in the Irish Youth Hockey League and Penn Jr. Lacrosse programs.