The Estate Planner
Tuesley Hall Konopa provides The Estate Planner, a curated resource of articles to help
our clients make informed decisions that can affect wealth management strategies.
- Can beneficiaries borrow from a trust?
- Taking steps to protect your will from being contested
- Defined-value gifts – Plan carefully to avoid unpleasant tax surprises
- Estate Planning Red Flag – You own real estate in more than one state
- Can a charitable trust replicate a stretch IRA?
- Power up your trust with Crummey powers
- Net gift technique can reduce your gift tax
- Estate Planning Red Flag – You haven’t named contingent beneficiaries
- A SPA Trust can improve the flexibility of your estate plan
- Opportunities and challenges – Valuation in the age of COVID-19
- Appointing a guardian for your children can be a difficult task
- Estate Planning Red Flag – You don’t have a will
- Estate planning in a socially distanced environment
- Valuation of pass-through entities – Why tax-affecting matters
- What are your options to pay for long-term care?
- Estate Planning Red Flag – Your revocable trust isn’t fully funded
- Don’t overlook foreign assets when planning your estate
- Estate planning during uncertain times
- Roll with the changes – Your estate plan must evolve as you age
- Estate Planning Red Flag – Your estate plan doesn’t treat your grandchildren equally
- The Secure Act – What it means for your retirement and estate plans
- Sidestep the probate process to avoid the public eye
- Estate planning in the FAST lane
- Estate Planning Red Flag – Your powers of attorney are stale
Get The Estate Planner
A cornerstone of our practice is helping business owners and individuals protect and preserve their assets through estate planning and the administration of estates. We provide The Estate Planner newsletter six times a year to help our clients make better-informed decisions when planning for their futures.
Our estate planning and elder law attorneys understand that each client’s goals for the future are unique. With this in mind, they design estate plans and trusts that effectively meet these goals. Call 574.232.3538 for an appointment to create or update your estate plan.
Disclaimer: The Estate Planner newsletter is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. In no case does the published material constitute an exhaustive legal study, and applicability to a particular situation depends upon an investigation of specific facts. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. (Advertising material.)