Thomas J. Hall, Partner
Tom Hall has built his career on service to the business community, especially as counsel to many of the area’s entrepreneurs. Tom has over 40 years experience in dealing with the day-to-day and transactional legal needs of owner-managed businesses. He has also served as counsel in numerous asset and stock purchase transactions involving small-to-mid-sized, closely held companies having annual sales ranging from $5 million to $150 million.
Tom’s counseling experience spans a broad range of the economy, including manufacturing, distribution and service industries. He regularly assists his clients in their business law needs in relation to contracts, transactions, employment and benefits issues, and tax planning for corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, family limited partnerships and family foundations. In addition, he counsels business owners regarding exit and succession planning.
Tom long ago achieved an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating granted for competency and ethics in law. In 2004, he was designated an Indiana Super Lawyer in the Closely Held Businesses practice area. Lawyers awarded this designation are selected by their peers throughout the state.
- Indiana State Bar Association (Corporate and Health Care Law sections)
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- St. Joseph County Bar Association (Business Law section)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Business counsel
- Business formation
- Business transactions
- Business litigation
- Succession planning
- Tax planning
- Real estate law
- Health care law
Like Mick Tuesley, Tom Hall, and his wife Janet, were born and raised here in South Bend, where they all graduated from high school together. They recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of their first date and have been married for over 44 years. Tom and Janet have two grown sons, Michael and Matthew, two wonderful daughters-in-law, Stacey and Krista, and have been blessed with two beautiful grandchildren, who also reside here in South Bend.
Outside the office, Tom is an avid reader and fan of old movies from the 1930’s to the 1970’s. He also enjoys jazz.
Much of Tom’s leisure time is spent with his five young grandchildren, all residing in South Bend, and the rest of his family.
Tom is a sports fan. He enjoys Notre Dame football, Indiana University basketball and the Chicago Cubs, or really is a fan of Wrigley Field!
Tom and Janet are also involved as church and community volunteers, including the Scholarship Foundation of St. Joseph County, the South Bend Rotary Club and the St. Joseph County Park Foundation. Tom has also donated or deeply discounted generously of his professional time to local not-for-profit entities, including the Studebaker National Museum and the Foundation for Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc., among others.
Tom’s long-standing commitment to the business community is evident by his dedication and participation in:
- The Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph County, former chairman of the board of directors
- Former director and current member of the South Bend Rotary Club, and member of South Bend Rotary Club’s Foundation Committee.
- Since 2007 Tom has been a member of the BAC of the School of Business and Economics at Indiana University, South Bend.
- Former member of the St. Joseph County Parks Foundation Board
- Pro Bono legal business counsel for a number of local non-profit entities